Cage film post-production update

https://youtu.be/nr-Sql3MYN8

 

This video shows a rough ordering of things in the film - watching this should give you a fairly complete

view of the film, though without many bells and whistles. 


This version of the film also has some small effects above and beyond simply putting each of the shots

in sequence.



There are some things which I think are necessary to do in order to append some of the errors in the

film:

-Audio coherence - generally the soundscape of this film is pretty sparse and sound disconcertingly

jumps in and out  - dialogue needs to be more clear (I.E re-recorded in studio), There needs to be

more sound effects, and a richer ambiant soundscape needs to be applied for each setting.

-Visual coherence - Shots in the same sequence need to be colour graded to appear coherent.

-I’m voicing the ending voice over solliloquy - although I could leave it as myself, I think it would be a

lot less confusing if we got Samuel (the actor) to do it.



Here are some of the things that Would improve the film should I add them.


-There should be a soundtrack in the film, particularly to accompany the beginning titles and the

ending voiceover and titles, and this would also work to append the film’s current sonic sparseness.

-Styalised grading: this would give the film a more distinct visual identity


-extra scenes to insert near the ending of the film.

  • 1st a crowd shot of Jameson and his friends, likely on the street, in which one of his friends

    tells a joke, to which the whole group laughs except Jameson on account of his traumatic cage

    experience.

  • 2nd a shot of Jameson standing in a large empty field (to accompany the “Foggy Field” V.O)

-Visual effects. I aim to make use of Davinci Resolve’s robust “Fusion” tab in order to produce

complicated visual effects to enhance the opening and closing title sequence as well as the brief

transitional segment at the end. Also, If I were to shoot the scene of Jameson in the field, I would use

visual effects to make the weather appear foggy..

-More interesting titles - the opening and closing titles could use a bit more designing.

-Film Title - This Film is currently called “Help Me I’m Stuck In a Cage” I still need to deliberate on if

this is the correct title.

Comments